Australia's Intelligent STI Check - Fast, Convenient and Discreet
STIs and Men
If left un-diagnosed and untreated, STIs can lead to dangerous long-term health consequences including chronic pain, infertility, sterility and even cancer.
Possible outcomes of STI infections in men include;
- Infertility – at their most severe, untreated STIs can lead to sterility in men. STIs are equal opportunity sterilisers, as women can also become infertile as a result of chlamydia or gonorrhoea infections.
- Heart disease and brain function – untreated syphilis can lead to cardiovascular and neurological problems, blindness, and can eventually result in death if left untreated.
- Un-diagnosed Hepatitis B can result in chronic liver disease or hepatoma (liver cancer).
- Immunodeficiency from HIV.
- Increased risk of HIV transmission.